Thursday 9 July 2009

Hello!


The beginning of a journey....

I recently returned from a holiday in Scotland and thought I would share an experience I had whilst returning from Iona. I took the title picture from the boat and it has inspired me ever since. I felt that there was a lesson to be learned from this.
As I was taking the picture it struck me how beautiful the image was - the sparkling water, the wind in the sails and just the peacefulness of the whole scene. In contrast, the boat I was on had an engine, was very noisy and definitely not peaceful!!
As we go through life we are sometimes like the boat with the engine - we are noisy i.e. complaining, whinging, moaning sometimes screaming in our lives. And just as the boat churned up the water, we let life churn us up and it takes away our peace.
I felt God was saying to me/us that we should be like the sail boat - set our sails toward Him and let the breath of the Holy Spirit guide us. Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment