Saturday 11 July 2009

Gran Torino

Just watched the movie Gran Torino starring Clint Eastwood and cried buckets! Why is it that some films do that to us? My theory is that the film taps into something in our unconcious that
we have experienced and opens up that emotion. What do you think?
I've always loved films and the cinema and my favourite films always have a message or move me in some way. I like to go out of the cinema changed for the better in some way.
Films also have the power to inform us and to encourage discussions. I recently watched The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas with my granddaughter and we were able to discuss what happened to Jewish people, among others, in Nazi Germany. It was a subject she didn't know about and one which wouldn't have naturally come up in conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment