Friday 2 September 2011

Change



Last night, I spent 3hours or so learning to relax and meditate with Maitreya at Pureland Meditation Centre and Japanese Garden. It was a peaceful, relaxing experience, but made me realise how restless and impatient and anxious I can be. Maitreya does not follow any particular religion but believes in just being in the moment. This is very hard to do, but we were told not to strive - just to sit and be.
So, why am I sharing this with you? Well, I believe I'm at a point in my life when I need to change, for my health and my mental wellbeing.
This morning as I walked the dog I was struck by the subtle changes all around me in nature. There are some signs of autumn, a few leaves on the paths etc, but what I noticed most was the change in the blackbird's song. It almost felt like the blackbird's evensong. A time when he sings in the autumn and welcomes it. A time when he sings for joy at another season and the changes that are happening.
So - I take my lead from the blackbird and sing joyously for the changes in my life at this time, for the ability to just BE and enjoy the moment.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely Ann, i meditate & find it most relaxing, i felt the same a few years ago and went off to a meditating center which then lead me down a totally different path in my life/spiritual journey, i started doing reiki healing then went on to be a reiki master, that then lead onto me learning holistic massage therapy & indian head massage ect ect, your right religious beliefs doesn't come into it but it does make you a more balanced person and you appreciate life /nature more, i wish you luck on your new journey love and hug Janet hart xxx

    ReplyDelete